How to Call Portsmouth from USA
For more details on how to call Portsmouth, take a look:
- Start with 011 -- the exit code for the US and Canada.
- Next, enter 44 -- the country code for the UK.
- Then, dial 23 -- the Portsmouth area code (landlines only*).
- Finally, finish with the local 8-digit Portsmouth phone number.
*To call mobiles in Portsmouth, the steps are very similar to those in dialing a landline, just with a few minor differences.
- First, dial the US/Canada exit code as you normally would.
- Then dial the UK country code.
- Press the 7 button.
- Lastly, dial the 9-digit cell number.
If you have plans to call elsewhere, you may want to check out our how to call the UK guide for other city area codes.
Bring some sunscreen for starters, because this seaport town gets quite a bit more summer sunshine than the rest of the UK. It‘s also the only island city in the country, which translates to a milder climate, so dress appropriately. Many who travel to Portsmouth enjoy the amazing views from the sail-shaped Spinnaker Tower, an architectural salute to the city‘s nautical roots. It‘s the tallest structure in the UK, outside London, that visitors can walk up. Have a great time in Portsmouth. It‘s hard not to!