How to Call Chile from the U.S.
Has making calls to Chile from the U.S. started to feel like a chore?
Then follow our helpful “How to Call Chile” guide below and simplify!
To easily call Chile from the U.S., follow these dialing instructions:
- First dial 011 - the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 56 - the Chile country code.
- Then dial the 1/2-digit area code (calling code list below).
- And finally, the 6/7-digit phone number.
Need more help calling Chile?
Here‘s a list of some major city area codes and city calling codes:
|CHILE AREA CODES|
If you‘re having trouble getting your calls to Chile through, check out these dialing errors:
- International calls that are blocked - Several service providers allow users to block international calling or even use “blocked” as a default. Double check this setting. This does not apply to Vonage World®.
- Cell numbers that don‘t have area codes - Area codes shouldn‘t be added to international cell phone numbers, and further, in most countries, cell phone numbers have a dedicated starting digit not used for landlines.
- No trunk code - If you‘re dialing a number starting with zero, drop that first digit. The zero is referred to as a “trunk code” and is used only when calling within certain countries.
- Internet phone (VoIP) connections - A few VoIP providers let you forego dialing 011 before making an international call. If that feature is turned on however, leave out the 011 U.S. code.